Full Time Sterile Processing Services Technician
Sterile Processing Services Technician
Director of the ASC
Responsible for preparing and assembling medical and surgical supplies, instrumentation, and equipment, maintaining the sterile processing areas, and receiving and distributing surgical supplies and equipment.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Follow established protocols for cleaning, decontaminating, preparing and packaging, disinfecting or sterilizing, and storing medical and surgical supplies and equipment.
- Distribute medical and surgical supplies from sterile processing areas to other areas within the facility or health care organization as needed.
- Adhere to standard precautions including the use of personal protective equipment.
- Follow safety procedures and manufacturer’s instructions when handling cleaning solutions, supplies and equipment.
- Operate equipment used in the sterile processing areas safely and according to the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
- Monitor, interpret, and document results of physical, chemical and biological indicators for all types of sterilizers used in the sterile processing areas.
- Prepare and distribute surgical case carts according to physician’s preference lists and anticipated needs of the perioperative team.
- Inventory, receive, and restock materials used for supporting sterile processing services.
- Comply with organizational policies, regulatory and accreditation standards, and professional guidelines.
- Exhibit professional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Assist with improving the quality of sterile processing services.
- Assist with identifying pertinent evidence to establish benchmarks as directed.
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- One year of sterile processing experience
- Central Supply Processing Department Technician (CSPDT), or Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification
- Certified Instrument Specialist (CIS) certification
- Computer skills (eg, Outlook, Microsoft® PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Physically demanding, high-stress environment
- Exposure to blood and body fluids, sharp instruments and other devices, communicable diseases, chemicals, and repetitive motions
- Full range of body motion including handling and lifting instrument trays
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Hand and eye coordination
- Sitting, standing, and walking for extensive periods of time
- Lifting and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Corrected vision and hearing to within normal range
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
Please email resumes & cover letters to ProOrthoJobs@proliancesurgeons.com
- Please use “Sterile Processor” in the subject line
We regret we are not in a position to personally respond to all applicants.